The Gospel Of Thomas
Translated by Thomas O. Lambdin
These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down.
(1) And he said, “Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death.”
(2) Jesus said, “Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All.”
(3) Jesus said, “If those who lead you say to you, ‘See, the kingdom is in the sky,’ then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.”
(4) Jesus said, “The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a small child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live. For many who are first will become last, and they will become one and the same.”
(5) Jesus said, “Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest.” Read more
Early Christian Writings And Sacred Texts – Information About The Lost (Banned) Books Of The Bible
In the process of determining the Biblical canon, a large number of works were excluded from the New Testament. These New Testament Apocrypha are generally not accepted by Christians, though the Ethiopian Orthodox Church recognizes Jubilees, Book of Enoch, the Shepherd of Hermas, 1 Clement, Acts of Paul, and some uniquely Ethiopian books. Read more
When looking for an answer to the first question in my research on Paul; ‘Did the original disciples of Christ accept Paul and his teachings?’, As seen in ‘The Problem with Paul – Part 1’, the only realistic and logical conclusion that I could come up with according to the scriptures is that the early church did at first try to accept Paul and his teachings but afterwards rejected him. Read more
I will never forget the beginning of my relationship with our heavenly Father. It was like I had begun a Quest. A quest to know Him and to be pleasing in His sight. Read more
Rev. Larry Thomas.
Controversy. It seems we are embroiled in it most of the time. It’s not by choice, but by calling. Taking a firm stand for the truth of God’s Word will bring opposition. When you swim against the flow of doctrinal error you are bound to be buffeted from time to time by the opposition. Read more